The Mad Hatters Tea Party, May 2010
Ingredients: 175 grams self raising flour, 110 grams castor sugar, 110 grams margarine, 2 eggs, strawberry jam and whipped double cream.
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c and line 2
18cm cake tins with grease proof paper
2. Beat the sugar and margarine together
with a wooden spoon until creamy then add the beaten
eggs a little at a time.
3. Sieve in the flour and fold with a metal
spoon before separating evenly between the 2 cake tins.
5. Remove to wire tray to cool.
6. Spread one half with jam then layer on whipped cream before putting the top on.