Food for Friends
Back to recipe
With Nat and Birte high in the Sierra
Nevada June 2010
Ingredients (for a 26cm wide tortilla): 6 medium
sized eggs (beaten), 450 grams potatoes (peeled), 1 large
onion (crescent sliced), 2 cloves of garlic (chopped), 2 -
3 tablespoons olive oil.
1. Peel and par-boil the potatoes, drain, cool a little
and then slice.
2. Add the oil to a frying pan, when hot add the onion and
the garlic cloves and fry until transparent and slightly
browned. Swirl the oil around, making sure that the oil
covers the sides of the frying pan.
3. Now add the sliced potatoes, allow to cook for a few
minutes and then pour over the beaten eggs.
4. Cook on the stove from below and under the grill from
above (swapping between each intermittently), running a
knife gently around the edge to prevent the tortilla from
sticking to the pan.
5. When you think it is cooked turn out onto a large plate
and ideally save for a picnic on a mountain top!