Faye drops by to say hello - November 2009
1 large chicken, 4 - 5 lemons, 3
cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 15 - 20
stoned green olives, turmeric and paprika.
1. Rub turmeric and paprika into the chicken's skin
2. Zest the lemons, reserving the zest on a plate. Now
slice the lemons into ring, cutting away the pith. Place
the lemon rings over the body of the chicken.
3. Place the covered chicken into a large cooking pot.
Add cold water up to at least half way up the chicken's
body. Add the olives, lemon zest, garlic cloves, sugar
and season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil, place the lid on the pot and
simmer on a gentle heat for approx 15 minutes per lb
5. Serve the chicken on a large carving plate,
decanting the juice and the olives from the cooking pot
into a gravey boat.
Works well with vegetable