A dish from a surprise supper at Giampi’s.
Late November 2009
Ingredients: 450 grams of dried white beans, 3
chopped fresh tomatoes (or a tin of tomatoes), two
cloves of garlic, a little fresh dill if possible (dried
if you can't get any fresh), 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
1. Soak the dried white beans in boiled water for 12
2. Drain the beans and place in a saucepan with about
twice as much water and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until the
beans are soft - add more water if necessary.
4. Once the beans are soft transfer to an oven dish, mix
the tomatoes, garlic, dill and the olive oil. Season to
taste with salt, pepper and chilli flakes
5. Place in the oven on moderate heat and serve once the
tomatoes are cooked and much of the moisture has
6. Serve with more oil and some good bread.